Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Wednesday, July 27th - A Few Thoughts

Dear Friends and Loved Ones – It’s 6AM Wednesday morning – it’s overcast as most of the days have been.  Although I love the sun when I’m home in L.A., the clouds keep the temperature down and the humidity hasn’t been bad.  We’ve only had light rain a few nights and it hasn’t disrupted our activities at all.  All this to say, the weather has been great and a wonderful blessing for us.  The men are just beginning to stir and get up to prepare for the day – our 2nd day of EEC.  It’s “Crazy Hair Day” so it will be fun to see what everyone has done to their hair.  For those of you who know me, I have no hair – so what am I going to do, you may ask.  I’ve cut off the right side of my mustache and chin whiskers.  I just have to remember to cut off the other half at the end of the day so I don't’ go to the onsen tonight looking like this.  At yesterday’s meeting after EEC, Nakada-sensei had all the volunteers share a positive from the day’s activities and a concern or suggestion.  I thought it was kind of a bummer to be sharing anything negative, but the things that were brought up were all legitimate concerns and could be easily remedied.  I think it was a great way for everyone to consider clearly how we can make the next two days of EEC even better.  The positive comments from everyone were wonderful to hear – an indication that everyone and everything is going well.  It’s been great to see how people from two churches in Southern California have meshed together with people from at least four churches in Japan along with students from a seminary in Tokyo to form a well-oiled machine.  Besides working well together, everyone has bonded very quickly.  Fortunately, many of the guys from the seminary speak English and I’ve enjoyed the time spent in conversation.  It’s too bad that the volunteers for EEC will be returning to their homes and to the seminary when the camp is over - I will miss them dearly.  The beehive is beginning to buzz now as the guys are awake and getting themselves ready for the day.  It’s about time for me to head over to the church for breakfast.  Thank you, as always, for your prayers and well-wishes.  They have ensured that all has gone according to God’s plan.  God bless you richly.  Love, Don    

1 comment: