Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Wednesday, July 27th - 2nd Day of EEC is Over

Dear Friends and Loved Ones - It's 6PM Wednesday afternoon and EEC has been over for about 3 hours.  One of the team members received heartbreaking news today and the team shares in the pain of this dear loved one.  I probably won't be sharing the nature of the news - and I apologize for that.  It has been a very emotional afternoon for us.  Even with the assurance of God's love and compassion, it is hard to at times to have hope and confidence for the future.  What do people do when they have no God to turn to?  Please be in prayer for this loved one and their family.  I will have to stop for now, people are setting up for dinner and I am in the way.
  It's 7:20PM, we've finished dinner and cleaned up, so people are just hanging out in the sanctuary, where we have our meals.  There are people singing "Power of Your Love" - their harmony and wonderful voices makes my heart soar - I wish I could sing like them.  But right now I'm content just to listen.  The pastor from Tokyo is singing with Shizuka and Hiroko from the South Bay church.  They sound great, but it is wonderful to see their joy in singing together.  After the tears and pain from earlier in the day, this is a very welcome antidote.  One of the seminary students has now joined them.  I'm sorry, but I'm going to end this entry.  I want to just close my eyes and listen.  Tomorrow will be our last day of EEC.  If I don't get back to you before then, please keep us in your prayers.  God bless you forever and ever.  Love, Don

No comments:

Post a Comment