Sunday, July 24, 2016

Sunday, July 24th - A Very Blessed Sunday

Dear Family & Loved Ones - It is 5:30PM and we have some time for ourselves right now.  The day began with a prayer meeting at 7AM, once again.  Nakada-sensei has been using the book of Acts to provide teaching and inspiration to us each morning.  It is such a great way to begin each morning.  After breakfast we had to move furniture around to prepare for the worship service.  There were about 18 people who came to the service - all of them full of enthusiasm.  We sang 5 songs with them to begin the service.  I thought our group was pretty impressive with our singing - in both talent and volume.  But the singing of the Sendai church members could be heard above our voices.  One woman in particular caught my attention.  She stood in the aisle with her arms and her voice reaching up to the heavens.  As I watched her my eyes started tearing up and my voice began cracking - I was so touched by her unashamed enthusiasm in worshipping her God.  I had to look at other people in the pews, but each time I glanced at her my reaction would be the same.  I found out after the service that Koby had the same reaction as me.  Rhemus gave his testimony and Shizuka presented the morning message and I know that the people of the Sendai church were greatly blessed.  After the service, the church gave us a welcoming lunch.  We split up and sat at four different tables - with each table having 3 mission team members with at least one being bilingual to translate the conversation going on with the 5 church members.  Then we went around and everyone said a little bit about themselves.  It was wonderful spending time with these wonderful people.  This is my first time serving in Sendai after going to Chino, Japan five times.  I love the people of Chino and thought I would never experience the same joy and blessings I received from spending time with them.  After spending just four days in Sendai, I am finding the same love and hospitality I have experienced in Chino.  God has blessed me greatly in so many ways.  I wish more of you folks would consider coming to Japan to serve on our missions here.   It is heartbreaking to consider that less than 1% of the Japanese know Jesus as their Lord and Savior.  Right now, Shizuka and Hiroko are singing duets - I assume some will be shared with the Sendai Church.  I close my eyes and allow my heart to soar with their voices.  In a few minutes we will be going out for dinner - Nakada-sensei is taking us out for sushi.  We are going to a restaurant that has a conveyor belt taking the sushi by your tables.  There are a few perks to being here.  Actually, there are many, many perks to being here.  Thanks to God for His love, mercy and grace - and for all of you who support us on this mission.  God bless you.  Love, Don

Shizuka giving the morning message.

Rhemus sharing his testimony and Kumi providing the
translation into Japanese.

No comments:

Post a Comment